on June 26th, 2009, a sweet little girl came barreling into this world. and this sweet little girl calls me "mama". i did fantastic in documenting her first six months on this earth. life took over, and i stopped writing. this blog is my honest attempt to put her life milestones, however big or small, into words and to share them with those who love her most.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

the mind of a child....


This evening, Ava and I started making supper. As usual, I sat her on the counter next to me, and we chit-chatted and played. She took her time asking me what each thing was and then repeating it to me. "What's that, mama?" "A cutting board, baby." "Cut board?" :)

Well, she found a stack of cupcake liners. She called it her little bowl. She asked to get down, and I let her down. Off she ran to the living room. And she got quiet. I hear that with little boys, quiet means trouble. And i can't speak for all little girls, but quiet for Ava usually means its imagination time. This time proved no different.

I turn the corner to tell Chad (who is asleep on the couch) that its time for dinner. And this is what I see....



Yes, she is separating them and setting them each out on the living room floor. And I say, "What are you doing, baby?" One simple sweet answer......



"Flowers, mama."


No comments:

Post a Comment